Orces, Bleach Earns 11th Singles Win in 5-2 Loss to College of Charleston
Charleston, S.C. – David Orces and Peter Bleach each earn a point for The Citadel tennis team in a 5-2 loss to College of Charleston on Wednesday evening at Patriots Point.
The Citadel slips to 7-11 overall and 0-8 in league play while the Cougars (10-6, 5-2) remain hot and win their eight in a row.
In the No 1. position Orces netted his third Southern Conference victory defeating Brice Allanic in straight sets, 6-2, 6-4. The Bulldog senior improved his overall record to 11-7. With three duals matches remaining before the start of the Southern Conference Tournament the Guayaquil, Ecuador native is looking to surpass his 13 victories from a season ago.
Bleach also earned his 11th singles dual win on the season with a victory over Crescente Lesser, 6-4, 6-2. The Bulldog sophomore secured his second conference win.
The Citadel will have a couple days of practice before traveling to Chattanooga on Sunday to take on the Mocs at noon. The match between the Bulldogs and Young Harris on Monday has been cancelled due to schedule conflicts.
1. David Orces (CIT) def. Brice Allanic (COFC) 6-2, 6-4
2. Sebastian Lopez (COFC) def. Dillon Berkabile (CIT) 6-2, 6-1
3. Peter Bleach (CIT) def. Crescente Lesser (COFC) 6-4, 6-2
4. Charlie Ghriskey (COFC) def. Oliver Dedding (CIT) 6-4, 6-3
5. Alon Faiman (COFC) def. Elliott Sperr (CIT) 6-4, 6-2
6. Zack Lewis (COFC) def. Jackson Pride (CIT) 6-0, 6-4
1. Brice Allanic/Charlie Ghriskey (COFC) def. David Orces/Oliver Dedding (CIT) 8-6
2. Sebastian Lopez/Billy Kenny (COFC) def. Peter Bleach/Alex Howle (CIT) 8-1
3. Alon Faiman/Zack Lewis (COFC) def. JC Pauli/Dillon Berkabile (CIT) 8-4